Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring has Arrived


I love Charleston this time of year!

The garden section at Lowes is packed...

The smell of barbecues...

Bike rides through the battery...

And of course LOVE is in the air!! Whether it be love between spouses or love between friends! It's wonderful!

Love was definitely abundant this past weekend! I was able to travel to Greenville for Ruthie Corley and Mike Zylstra's couples shower. They are getting married April 30th and I am so excited for the two of them! It was such a wonderful shower (Western Theme) and it was great seeing a few of my childhood friends. Ruthie, the bride to be, and I have been friends since we were in the 8th grade. We met at a volleyball camp one summer at our school, Southside Christian. The next year when we entered high school we got to visit with each other between every class because our lockers were right beside each other. We grew a great friendship.

Here are a couple shots from the shower:


I also was able to visit with a few other favorites, the Paddocks and the Stoebers! I've also known Kristi and Anna since I was in middle school and have grown closer to the two of them throughout the years. I played volleyball with Anna in high school and Kristi and I were roommates our freshman year in college!

Here is a picture of the 4 of us the night Ruthie got engaged.
We're missing Megan - she was there in spirit!


Another great childhood friend is Megan! Goodness we have known each other since the 4th grade. We've had some great times together. She stood beside me on my wedding day as my Maid of Honor and vice versa. She's definitely my second family! I would do anything for her and we always have so much fun!

This picture is a few of us in Middle School!


And this picture is at Meg's Bachelorette Party last summer before she got married!


With the weather warming up our home upgrades are still a priority. My parents are coming in a couple weeks to help us with a few of the larger projects and I can't wait! David and I are working on the completion of the insulation installation (that's a mouthful). We are ALMOST done! We only have about a quarter of the house left and we think we will be able to get it done today. While College of Charleston students are on Spring Break and enjoying the 80 degree weather at the beach we will be under our house! Oh, how times and priorities have changed through age!

Happy Spring Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment